The essential specifications for creating annotations (author’s resumes): targets and objectives, construction and content material
The abstract (the author’s resumes) in the periodical is actually a supply of details about the content in the post along with the research results detailed therein.
Annotation to the write-up must be:
- useful (will not consist of popular phrases);
- authentic (not to become language translation annotation by using a literal interpretation);
- large (reflect the primary articles of the article as well as the outcomes of the research);
- structured (follow the logic of describing the results in the report);
- “British-talking” (to be developed in higher-quality English);
- compact (to put in the volume level from 100 to 250 words and phrases), 850 figures, at least 10 lines.
The main desired goals and targets of your annotation
- Abstract is actually a simple breakdown of a greater amount job of your scientific nature.
- The abstract might be printed alone, in isolation through the major written text and, consequently, needs to be simple to comprehend with out research on the distribution on its own.
- Reading an annotation for the write-up, the reader need to understand the heart and soul from the analysis.
- Looking at the annotation, the reader need to establish be it useful to recommend fully written text from the article for obtaining more detailed details of interest with it.
- Annotation to the post will be the primary source of details within the domestic and international details systems and databases, indexing magazines.
- Abstract can be obtained on the magazine’s web site for open public looking at on the Internet and listed by community lookup instruments.
- The abstract in British will be the basis for preparing the abstract in other different languages.
Composition, content and level of the abstract
- The abstract need to condition the primary information of the function, and ought to not exaggerate or have materials that is certainly not available in your body in the distribution.
- An annotation construction that repeats the structure of the post and consists of the intro, desired goals and goals, approaches, results, conclusions (a conclusion) is recommended.
- Nonetheless: the topic, topic, purpose of the work is indicated when they are not obvious in the name of the report; The method or technique in the work ought to be detailed if they are new or intriguing from the aim of look at this function.
- The final results from the function are explained really precisely and informatively.
- The principle theoretical and experimental final results, real details, uncovered relationships and regularities are presented. At the same time, preference is offered to new results and information of long term value, essential developments, results that disprove existing hypotheses, and also data that, within the author’s judgment, are of sensible importance.
- A conclusion might be together with tips, estimations, recommendations, hypotheses defined within the report.
- The information inside the headline from the write-up should not be frequent in the text of your annotation.
- Stay away from needless preliminary key phrases (for instance, “the writer of the article takes into consideration …”).
- Historical references, once they tend not to make up the key content from the file, a outline of earlier published works and well-known procedures from the annotation will not be offered.
- The text of your annotation must utilize the syntactic constructions inherent in the vocabulary of scientific and technological papers; avoid intricate grammatical buildings.
- In the textual content of the author’s continue, you need to use significant words and phrases from the text of the article.
- The words from the annotation must be succinct and obvious, free of background information, superfluous opening up words and phrases, basic and unimportant formulations.
- The text ought to be coherent, disjointed records need to stick to one other rationally.
- Abbreviations and emblems, with the exception of frequent kinds, are utilized in outstanding situations, or they may be given in the author’s continue.
- The annotation is not going to make reference to the newsletter quantity from the list of recommendations on the post.
- The volume in the textual content of your author’s curriculum vitae depends upon the content in the newsletter (the quantity of information and facts, its scientific and useful importance), but shouldn’t be below 100-250 terms.